Proposals Engineer - Team Valley - Perm role - Immed Start - £35,000 - £38,000
YOUR NEW COMPANY
Our client provides the broadest range of products available from any single supplier. This is supported by expertise in nine major technologies: hydraulics, pneumatics, electromechanical, filtration, process control, fluid and gas handling, sealing and shielding, climate control and aerospace.
YOUR NEW ROLE
This is a full time permanent position working Monday-Thursday 8:30am-5pm and Friday 8:30am-2pm.
You will have responsibility for creating value enhancing, winning solutions to customers' capital enquiries through analysing customer specifications, asking diagnostic questions and site visits.
Prepare all costing for capital projects utilising the company approved costing processes and tools.
Support the capital field sales team in resolving customers queries and at bid clarification meetings.
With Sales Managers ensure that SIEBEL/ CRM is correctly updated and enquiry status maintained.
When orders are received ensure that the correct technical and commercial order review is carried out and that orders and entered into the system in an expeditious manner.
Ensure that our customers, distributors and agents receive outstanding levels of service and competitive solutions.
The job holder will ensure company continues to be seen as the market leader in providing premier customer experience, winning technology and value for money.
Main Duties include:
- Prepare value add solutions that allow us to differentiate our proposals from competition wherever possible. The ultimate goal is to allow us to sell our solutions at higher margins than competition through creating more value for our customers.
- Ensure that we submit 90% of our proposals within the agreed quotation submittal period and 75% within the customer requested submittal time.
- Achieve a 25% hit rate on 'For Purchase' projects.
- Complete all Technical Bid Evaluation requests within 72 hours of receipt.
- Check all customer purchase orders for accuracy against the quotation (Contract Review). If there are differences get these differences resolved or approved for acceptance by the relevant person.
- When required, organise and run effective project handover meetings to ensure operations understand what we need to deliver and any special customer requirements
- Improve application knowledge by organising 5 days of process training throughout the year. This training can be either O&G Proposals team based or individual. All training requests to be made to the Division Sales and Marketing Manager for approval.
- Provide management team with regular feedback on customer requirements and price levels in the market place.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
You will have
- Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical) or relevant Industrial Experience.
- Good communication (verbal and written) in English. Other languages (French, German, Dutch) would be a benefit
- Knowledge of Commercial Terms and Conditions would be an advantage
- Good organisational skills
- A high degree of self-motivation
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as being a self-starter.
- Confident and outgoing, patient and adaptable, diplomatic and assertive.
- Fully computer literate with good spreadsheet skills
- Microsoft Inventor ability essential as job holder is required to produce drawings to complete proposals.
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
You be working with a great company and have the ability to further develop your skills. Alongside this the salary is negotiable and the organisation are extremely competitive within the market.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80952718