Lead Software Engineer
LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
When it comes to IT, Toolstation is unique. All software that runs the company is developed and maintained in-house. Using open-source technologies, everything from our consumer website, our shop tills, to our warehouse stock control has been created from the ground up. If you're looking for a role where you can lead a team working on some really exciting projects in a massively expanding business, then look no further!
What you'll be doing
Working with and embracing agile development methodologies you'll work with some of the latest technologies to build leading edge solutions for our rapidly expanding business. You'll manage a team of Software Engineers as they play a key role in the building, developing, testing and maintaining of Toolstation's core business systems. Helping the business become more efficient and enhance the customer service offering, through the continuous development of our website, extranet business system, EPOS sales systems and stock management systems.
- Work closely with IT Management to ensure all software development is aligned with Company objectives.
- Provide 'on the job' advice and guidance to a team of Software Engineers.
- Communicate and feedback progress to the development team, project management and other relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct regular appraisals and personal development reviews as required.
- Support the recruitment and induction of new team members.
- Attend and ensure all contribute effectively to Scrum ceremonies.
- Fulfil the role of a Software Engineer
What you'll bring
Passion and enthusiasm for software development and new technology. A real interest in keeping up to date with the latest in web development; languages, methodologies, standards and everything else. Motivated, independent, a good team worker and highly organised
- Prior experience managing a team of Software Engineers
- Knowledge and experience of PHP, Lavavel, PHPUnit, MySQL and Git.
- Linux/UNIX experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely
- The ability to demonstrate understanding of projects from the perspective of both the user and the business
- A logical, analytical and creative approach to problems
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment.
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with new technologies.
What we'll give to you
A career in Which? Retailer of the Year 2016 & 2017 which is opening 40 stores this year alone. At Toolstation we're proud to offer great career development opportunities to our colleagues, with a strong culture of recognising and supporting talent and promoting colleagues from within. You'll be challenged in your role and our values are high; but we're here to support you and ensure your success with us.
As part of the Travis Perkins group plc, Toolstation are able to offer great benefits to our employees; including colleague pension, childcare vouchers, competitive rates of pay, discount on products across the Travis Perkins Group, company share save schemes and more!
How to apply
Caught your interest? Want to know more? Take a look at www.toolstationjobs.com or simply hit apply
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80964515