Job Role: DevOps Engineer
Salary/Rate: Salary DOE
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
DevOps Engineer - Permanent - Reading - Salary DOE
- Provide Dev Ops Support to meet its responsibilities under the Protective Monitoring Support Service.
- Be responsible for facilitating workshops, providing mentoring to staff on the use of the Protective Monitoring Toolset and advising on prioritisation of enhancement to the Protective Monitoring Capability.
- Be expert in and responsible for researching, developing and deploying analytics to support protective monitoring and mentoring and training Analytics Development team members in productive use of the tools.
- Develop detection and analysis capability as defined by security scenarios
- Tune detection capability to reduce false positives
- Support operation of the platform through troubleshooting and debugging
- Create tools to support the analyst team
- Data modelling and analysis
- Understanding of Cyber threat landscape, both from intruder and insider perspective
- Knowledge of implementing data analysis pipelines on Hadoop stack
- Understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem including Hive, Impala, Kafka, Spark, MapReduce
- Understanding of Elastic Search / Kibana dashboards
- Experience using SQL to interrogate data
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala
- Experience with scripting in Bash, Python
- Familiarity with a range of analytic techniques
- Understanding and familiarity with building analytics using Spark, including the MLib Machine learning library
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80966065