Trainee Electro-plating Engineer
WB are extremely happy to announce our very well established client is on the lookout for a Trainee Electro-plating Engineer.
For the rite candidate this will be a Temp - Perm position.
Hours of work will be: Mon-Thurs 08:00 - 16:30 and Friday 08:00 - 15:00
Hard chrome/Silver/copper/ENP/cadmium/Zinc Nickel/Passivation/Chromic/Sulphuric/hard anodising, this list is not exhaustive..
Main Duties will include but are not limited to: (Full training will be given)
- Loading components on to jig fixtures
- Loading and unloading loaded jigs in to acid, alkaline and plating chemical solutions.
- Setting temperature, voltage and current controls
- Masking off areas that don’t require plating, using masking agents, bungs and tapes
- Dipping or brushing products with chemical solutions
- Monitoring of electroplating process
- Carry out basic quality checks
- De-jigging components from jigging assemblies
- Removing of masking agents using mechanical and chemical methods
- Transferring newly coated items to finishing or storage
- Ensuring that work is undertaken in compliance with regulations, manuals and company policy;
- Ensuring compliance to Health, Safety and Environmental policies and report any concern to supervision
- Liaise with the customer Liaison and planning Supervisor and Key Customer contacts to agree delivery plans
- Report any maintenance issues to maintenance and production supervision.
- Attend daily team brief at production planning board, talk through the day’s plan and any issues that could jeopardised the plan with your team leader
- Liaise with the laboratory and quality on issues that could affect the running of the process.
- Support any actions necessary to improve quality or process improvement
- Opportunity to learn skills in different areas of the factory
- NVQ opportunities
- There will be an expectation to undertake the Institute of Materials course at foundation and technician level at some time in the future.
- Transferrable knowledge and experience
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Be able to complete job cards and production paperwork
- Proficient numeracy and literacy
If you have read all the above and feel you would be suited to this role, then what's stopping you click apply, add your CV and we will be in touch.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80908972