Genomics Market Development Manager
As a key member of the EMEA Market Development team, this individual will be responsible to develop, implement and actively manage the market development strategy for next gen sequencing across a variety of emerging market segments, such as cardiology, infectious disease in the region. Ideal candidates for this position will have strong knowledge of genomics in the translational research setting and an understanding of how discoveries are being translated into the widespread application of NGS. In this position the candidate would have the opportunity to collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams and cultivate key partnerships with KOLs in support of strategic NGS programs. Successful candidates will combine strong scientific understanding and clinical education experience with strategic analysis, business acumen and leadership skills.
• Work with product management, product marketing, regional teams and senior management to develop and implement market development strategies for key target markets
• Build and manage close relationships with KOLs and industry influencers in order to achieve market development goals and stay abreast of emerging market trends. Conceive and execute strategyies to influence key stakeholders such as industry bodies, regulators and payers
• Leverage and communicate market information internally to best inform Illumina’s product development, regulatory and market entry strategies
• Support Commercial and Marketing with in-field activities including customer & field education on utilization of new and existing NGS products, including creation of a speakers’ bureau
• Develop scientific and clinical proof points to increase system placements and reagent utilization
• Qualify and define collaboration opportunities at strategic labs
• Synthesize customer experiences and desires into new product concepts in partnership with Product Marketing and Product Management
Required Skills & Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Genetics, Molecular Biology, or other related science field; MBA, MD or Ph.D. is desirable?
• Significant experience with genomics technologies, products and/or applications; ideally with experience in translational research
• Previous business strategy, business development, or strategic marketing experience related to genomics and new applications. Experience in strategy consulting, product management or investment banking would be welcomed.
• Proven experience in a strategic role working collaboratively and independently to drive results
• Ability to influence across the organization at all levels, including previous experience in a highly matrixed organization would be preferred.
• Willingness to travel up to 50%
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80963832