3-month contract paying up to £35 per hour. Based in Sandwich
Our client, a global leading pharmaceutical company, is looking to hire a Messaging Engineer to start asap.
Messaging Engineer POSITION SUMMARY
Messaging Engineer - Intermediate skills with performance analysis of Exchange systems Tasks:
Messaging Services management team.
- Perform ticket management of all items related to messaging services.
- Analyse, respond, restore, resolve, and escalate problems/issues/changes as needed.
- Maintenance and configuration of messaging applications, servers, services including any minor, major, security and emergency patches & releases.
- Install production releases or upgrades
- Evaluate, test, pilot, document and implement new software upgrades
- Support any messaging services tools that are used in conjunction with Exchange, or other messaging applications.
- Perform & participate in knowledge management, problem management and change management
- Create, update and maintain server recovery, operational, build & decommission SOPs, checklists and Work Instructions for messaging applications and infrastructure.
- Support Disaster Recovery (DR) planning and
- Review and analyse business and technical requirements
- Monitor and maintain proper SLAs and CSATs for messaging services support tasks.
- Engage, provide operational interface, and respond to recommendations / diagnostics
- Provide updates to self-help end-user self-service mechanism(s) including creation and editing Knowledge Base Articles (KBA's) and other articles and web sites.
- Provide assistance with security or legal investigations.
- Monitor Exchange performance and capacities and propose necessary changes and adjustments
- Perform or assist with any mailbox migrations or moves as necessary
- Provide any required reports or updated data feeds as needed by Messaging Services.
- Provide Continuous Service Improvement (CSI)
- Provide 24x5 coverage during weekdays and limited support during weekends as required for specific services stated above.
Messaging Engineer Qualifications and Experience
* 6-8 Years minimum experience in Information Technologies discipline
* Overall experience of tech lead as highlighted above with 5-6 Years' experience in supporting Exchange Infrastructure ( Currently Exchange 2016)
* 2-3 Years' experience troubleshooting Exchange server-related issues
* Expert troubleshooting skills on Windows clustering and Exchange high availability and disaster recovery areas
* Expert technical knowledge of Active Directory concepts especially around dependencies with Exchange
* Intermediate skills with scripting tools, power shell experience desired
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment & HR Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 17 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80964711