Executive Assistant / PA to the CFO
The CompanyAvicenna is a pharmacy group, with two divisions, that exists to provide buying group and pharmacy support services to its members. Founded twenty-five years ago by a handful of pharmacists with the foresight to create a group able to negotiate better terms with the suppliers, the organisation has now grown to a network of more than 1,000 members with the collective vision to continue to flourish in a changing marketplace. Avicenna is also the UK’s largest independent Pharmacy Support group and it also owns a retail chain of over 20 stores. The company is profitable and cash-generative and continues to invest into growth.
The roleThis position is a full-time, three to six month assignment to support the Chief Financial Officer during a period of high-activity with numerous projects under way. You will support the CFO on certain projects but also by managing key business activities in your own right. This is not an administration role and the successful individual will have the confidence and skills to drive projects forward under the guidance of the CFO. Key ProjectsYou will play a part in various projects including;
- Managing property consultants to undertake repairs and maintenance to the company property portfolio of over 30 properties.
- Ensuring the Group’s compliance with GDPR and ensuring that all documentation is produced and complete.
- Producing a five-year growth plan and budgets for the Group.
- Working with advisers to collate an information data-room for prospective investors.
- Updating the company’s staff handbook, HR policies and procedures including Health and Safety.
Ideally you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working as an Executive Assistant preferably within an SME organization
- Good IT skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Flexible, adaptable, calm and professional approach
- Discretion and trustworthiness as well as tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work in a team environment
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80964228