Calibration Technician - Bracknell - £21,500
I am currently recruiting for a large organisation based in Bracknell for a a Calibration Technician on a Permanent basis.
The focus of the role will be to test, calibrate, operate and repair electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, electrohydraulic, or electronic measuring and recording instruments, apparatus, and equipment in use within the Instrument Solutions laboratory.
As a Calibration Technician your main duties will be:
- Operation of and adherence to procedures defined within the quality manual.
- The conduct of traceable & UKAS accredited calibrations under ISO 9001 & BS EN ISO/IEC 17025 quality systems, respectively (following training).
- The production of calibration and test certificates.
- Instrument fault diagnosis and some minor repairs.
- Liaison with clients advising them on instrument use / repair / replacements.
- If required in-house demonstrations of product use to customers.
- Assistance to the internal sales desk dealing with technical queries.
- The testing, calibration and maintenance/repair of hire stock of instruments, Client equipment, laboratory equipment and any other associated equipment required to ensure that their performance meets established acceptance criteria.
- If required, occasional on-site visits to set-up and remove rental equipment.
- Working in a team promoting equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Managing personal and professional development.
The successful candidate:
To be successful in this role you will possess the following Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of working in a calibration laboratory to ISO 9001 or ISO17025.
- Minimum BTEC in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or similar
- Methodical with a practical ability including diagnostic skills.
- A good communicator.
- Numerate and literate as the work involves rudimentary calculations and a significant amount of written materials.
- PC literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft software packages.
- Ability to work unsupervised to meet deadlines.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80959880