Design & Technology Teacher | Resistant Materials | KS3 / KS4 / KS5 |
Clarus Education are supporting a larger than average Roman Catholic School in Bolton.
The Headteacher and SLT of this mixed 11 – 18 school are looking for a dynamic Design Technology teacher with a focus on resistant materials for a permanent position in September 2018.
The ideal candidate will have an up-to-date awareness of the national curriculum specifically within the area of resistant materials. The candidate must also have experience teaching throughout KS3, KS4 and KS5.
This role is open to both experienced teachers and exceptional NQT’s!
PERSON SPECIFICATION – DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY TEACHER – RESISTANT MATERIALS
- UK QTS – Essential
- Must be a fully qualified teacher
- Good Degree in a Design Technology related subject – 1st / 2:1 grades
- Master’s Degree in a Design Technology related subject – Desirable
- Experience teaching through KS3 / KS4 / KS5
- Focus on resistant materials as a specialism
- Ability to create inspiring lessons
- Effective behaviour management skills
- Good or better recent lesson observations
- Ability to work as a team to increase attainment
JOB SPECIFICATION – DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY TEACHER – RESISTANT MATERIALS
- Design Technology teacher – Resistant materials specialism
- Experienced teacher or an exceptional NQT
- Ability to teach confidently from KS3 to KS5
- Up to date curriculum knowledge in resistant materials – Essential
- Working alongside a passionate team of Design Technology teachers
- Deliver engaging and innovative lessons
- Apply school ethos and policies throughout
- Continued Safeguarding training
- September 2018 – Permanent, Full-time
- MPS1 - MPS6 - £22,917 – £33,824
- Located in Bolton, Greater Manchester – Good transport links
- Larger than average mixed 11 – 18 Roman Catholic school
- Circa 1400 pupils
- ‘Good’ OFSTED (2015)
- School is in the top 18% of Progress 8 scores nationally (+0.25)
- A’ Level results are above national average (+0.16)
- Proven NQT induction programme
- Supportive senior leadership team
- Located in Bolton, Greater Manchester
- Good road and public transport links – parking available
If this Design & Technology teaching role with a specialism in resistant materials meets your needs then apply with your latest CV to Andy at Clarus Education, if shortlisted you will be contacted ASAP.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80959735