Are you a Solution Architect looking for an exciting new opportunity? Do you want more breadth & new challenges in your role? Looking for personal growth and development in your career?
Then this could be the role for you…….
We’re recruiting a Solution Architect to join our IT Architecture Function to assist in the delivery of AQA’s Technology Transformation Programme which is focussed on modernising our current systems underpinning our exam processing capabilities.
You’ll work within this programme in partnership with our internal teams and partnered IT service provider to ensure the future solution is fit for purpose and successfully delivered on Microsoft cloud based technologies.
A flavour of the key activities over the next 12-24 months:
• Functional Requirements review to identify technical requirements and considerations.
• Other non-functional requirements capture and definition.
• Production and maintaining overall programme view – covering the AQA landscape and the systems to be replaced, including transition states.
• Identification of Architectural dependencies to inform the programme.
• Service Transition and Service Introduction definition and planning.
• Architectural ownership of design and delivery for AQA delivered projects.
• Architectural review and assurance of third party proposed designs.
• Highly skilled and knowledgeable across architectural areas compromising Application, Information, Technology and Solution domains, specifically in the Microsoft Technology domain.
• Expert knowledge and understanding of current landscape assessment compromising of business processes and technologies leveraged.
• Expert knowledge and understanding of implementing technical change in existing IT landscapes, specifically with a wide breadth of architectural experience in modernising current IT landscapes, specifically the digitisation of business activities.
• Excellent communicator, able to engage internal colleagues, external partners and business stakeholders at all levels, ensuring clarity of requirements, the positioning of proposed solutions and securing the buy-in to the proposed solutions.
• Proven IT professional with demonstrable history at operating in a variety of roles throughout the systems delivery \ support lifecycle.
• Self-sufficient and dynamic individual who is able to hit the ground running, looking to achieve rapid results.
Key experience / expertise sought:
• Experience operating in a mixed mode environment of internal / external IT delivery capabilities.
• Excellent vendor management skills, experience of operating in conjunction with large IT vendors.
• Governance / assurance of architectural designs, ensuring compliance to enterprise principles and technology strategy drivers.
• Governance of functional / non-functions requirements and delivery scope throughout the project life-cycle.
• Business Process Analysis – ability to determine business processes and identify necessary requirements and considerations.
• Enterprise Applications frameworks – focus on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
• Strong Microsoft Technology background.
• Experience of designing and delivering solutions in Microsoft Azure (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS).
• Experience of Azure components specifically: Azure SQL, Logic Apps, Service Fabric, Data Factory, Azure Storage, Application Insights etc.
• Utilising Microsoft BizTalk / Service Bus Integration.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications: 10:00 Monday 30 April 2018. However, applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner.
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80955417