Technical Design Authority or Systems Architect
LOCATION: Central London
DURATION: 12 Months Contract with the option for further contract renewals
DAILY RATE: Highly Competitive (dependent on candidate's level of experience)
CONDITIONS: DV CLEARANCE is required for this position prior to contract commencement
*** Please note that the requested Technical Design Authority must hold a valid DV Clearance - at this present moment and due to the urgency of the role, we are not in a position to sponsor non-cleared candidates to undergo security vetting***
Role / Project Information
Capita TRACS are currently supporting the next stage of our client's project programme and a need has arisen to recruit a Technical Design Authority or Systems Architect to join their talented team based in Central London.
The Technical Design Authority is a vital role in ensuring the standardisation and integrity of the Enterprise Hosting Architecture, specifically Compute and Storage.
You will be supporting the Technical Service Manager for the Enterprise Hosting Infrastructure and be responsible for the technical design of the Compute & Storage hosting infrastructure including assisting and assuring projects use of hosting infrastructure to ensure that maximum value for money is achieved from supplier contracts.
Projects which come to this team are; new Compute and Storage services, increase of capacity or migration of service. The team also manages the sustainability of service, replacing old equipment and managing the migration of data etc.
The key responsibilities of the role (but not limited to) are:
- Architecture Design Approval: Approve compliance with, or justifiable variance from, the architectural standards for all IT projects;
- Quality Assurance: To ensure the integrity of the IT architecture and that upgrades proposed by other 3rd party suppliers are fit for purpose and comply the standards necessary to maintain a robust, consistent, efficient, effective and integrated technical infrastructure;
- Technical Assurance: Work with the strategic Solution Design Authority team to agree and validate technical standards and to provide technical assurance that project designs are fit for purpose and using the standard infrastructure building blocks wherever possible;
- Assist projects in producing High Level Designs particularly in the specification of Compute and Storage hosting Infrastructure;
- Approve (or deny) technical design solutions submitted by projects to ensure appropriate use of technology and alignment to the organisations IT architect. All requests for hosting infrastructure are submitted to the TDA for design review;
- Maintain High Level Design document template and ensure alignment, where applicable, with Request Centre Items;
- Maintain Infrastructure design documentation owner by the Technical Design Authority
- Management of Compute & Storage roadmaps in liaison with Strategic Design Team and 3rd party suppliers;
- Work collaboratively with the project teams and the 3rd party suppler service to ensure that requirements for hosting infrastructure are provided in a timely and efficient manner and that value for money is received;
- Work with the Portfolio, Programme and Projects and the Demand and Capacity Manager to gain an understanding of future projects and their demands for Compute and Storage.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Technical Design Authority who is flexible in their approach and attitude and is passionate about delivering business value through the innovation of technology. If you enjoy tackling tackle problems and like to define solutions from a commercial perspective, then we would like to hear from.
We would like you to have skills and experience in some of the following areas:
- A proven background of working in a Technical Design/Systems architect role with an ability to guide solutions/project teams whilst ensuring compliance;
- In depth knowledge of hosting infrastructures (VMWare, Hyper-V_, SAN and Storage, Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, POSTGRES/SQL, Mongo), Backup (VEEAM & HP Data Protector) and Security products including Application Control and Hot Based Firewalls;
- A good understanding of application integration including COTS and in-house developer products;
- Ability to deliver presentations to peers and senior management;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills with the ability to influence and gain buy-in within the business.
The following are desirable skills but not essential:
- Experience of working with 3rd Party Suppliers;
- Good understanding of hardware components such as servers, SAN and storage, networking;
- Good understanding of backup strategies and technologies;
- Familiarity with mechanisms and technologies which provide high availability and resilience including clustering and storage replication.
How to apply?
Please apply with an updated copy of your CV, ensuring the correct dates of current and past work history are documented.
Capita TRACS welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Services offered by Capita TRACS are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80954947