Insurance Data Analyst
Leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research seeking a qualified accountant in an excellent data driven role.
The role will be part of the Financial Database Group and will interface with teams across the business.
This is a client facing role for a qualified accountant who possess strong analytical abilities.
My client are one of the most highly regarded names within financial services, publishing financial research and analysis on stocks, bonds, and commodities.
They offer excellent career prospects, strong work-life balance and development in duties.
The responsibilities for the role include:
- Participating in regular meetings with Analysts to align goals and objectives for data representation
- Responsible for liaising with Analysts across the world regarding various data issues
- Actively participating in external client meetings, providing presentations to promote the product
- Ensure highest levels of data quality for Insurance, checking data has been correctly processed by the outsource teams and providing feedback
- Initiating improvements to Insurance data support processes and procedures, by creating policies, and maintaining best practice documents for use in training and overall data capture process
- Provide advice on modifications to data entry templates needed to reflect evolving analytical or industry circumstances
- Provide domain expertise into the framework for Key Data Quality Indicators for the data and review data quality via the KDQI reports and other tools on an on-going basis
- Providing consultancy, solutions and advice in the area of Insurance credit analysis financial data across the organisation
- Providing support to the Senior Insurance Data Specialist and the Head of Banking and Insurance Content
- Responding directly to clients, in response to specific queries
- Review analytical processes for bulk data capture
- Assist with the implementation of quality improvement and assurance processes relating to the Banking spectrum
- Identifying training needs of BPO partners
- Prepare and provide regular reporting to peers, supervisors and key stakeholders, including analytical liaison
Required qualifications and Experience:
- A CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualification
- Experience of working with Insurance fundamental data, in an accountancy, actuarial or auditing environment
- Experience of working with various vendor data sources in the fundamental data space
- Excellent knowledge of global accounting standards
- Proven client focus
- Proven experience of interacting effectively with senior management
- Experience of working with offshore or outsourcing teams is highly sought
- Experience of working within project teams, identifying problems and generating solutions
- Proven skills in influencing within a matrix organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and training experience
- Strong Excel data manipulation skills a requirement, with SQL programming a non-essential benefit
- Financial, economic or business-related degree qualification or relevant work experience
Excellent career prospects and development in a highly recognised firm.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80953749