Solicitor - Litigation
Job Title: Solicitor (Litigation)
Salary: £33,000-£60,000 DOE
My client is a commercial practice and they have ambitious plans for growth, but to recognise them they need the right people.
As you would expect, they are looking for people with proven knowledgeable ability, a commercial approach, excellent interpersonal skills and most of all, the drive to surpass expectations. In return, my client offers a competitive salary and the chance to grow.
As a successful candidate, you will join other law specialists who are regarded as being among the best in their field. This is an exciting opportunity to be a member of a growing team which looks outwards and thrives on delivering a great job for clients.
* Advising on common law and statutory property claims, including breach of covenants, injunctions, removal of trespassers, landlord and tenant disputes and boundary disputes
* In addition, having experience in other forms of commercial litigation such as regulatory, contentious probate, shareholder and partnership disputes; and employment litigation
* Providing legal advice to a range of clients, including the negotiation and drafting of documentation
* Carrying out in an effective, efficient and timely manner the various stages of legal proceedings with the aim of protecting the interests of the client
* Assuming responsibility for important elements of the work that is handled by a designated partner
* Operating effectively with clients and their professional and financial advisors - managing specific fields
* Working under the direction of a partner and receiving assignments with specified objectives
* Managing client/matter files
* Managing fee income and collection of bills
* Assisting and supervising trainees and paralegals
To be considered for this position, you should:
* be a qualified solicitor of between NQ and five years PQE
* have experience of working in a litigation department across a range of clients, handling a variety of issues
* be able to build relationships with both new and existing clients and professionals
* be able to work in a team and have the ability to develop relationships with colleagues
* have a strong desire to learn and widen knowledge
* possess good communication skills in order to explain legal matters clearly to clients
* be discreet and have the ability to respect client confidentiality
* be able to tackle tasks in a structured manner to ensure completion to a high standard
* have drafting skills and proven attention to detail
* have sound problem-solving skills
* be able to adapt to a broad range of situations and circumstances and remain calm under pressure
* have strong technical knowledge in litigation
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough - The ONE Group's recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn't just recruitment, it's: Recruitment as it should be.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80955178