Clinical Trials Programme Manager
Clinical Trials Programme Manager (CTPM)
Our client is a world-class cancer research organisation with HEFCE RAE ratings of international excellence across all of its research programmes.
They are dedicated to basic, clinical and translational research that extends from epidemiology, genetics and molecular biology, through drug discovery and development and clinical trials, to cancer diagnosis and patient treatment with their overall mission being the relief of suffering from cancer.
Pop Science is delighted to offer the Position of Clinical Trials Programme Manager to be based at their fantastic offices in Surrey.
This is an initial 2 year Fixed term contract.
Here's a snap shot of what you will be doing :(Full details provided uponapplication)
As a Clinical Trials Programme Manager you are responsible for overseeing a component of the trials portfolio,ensuring trials are initiated and delivered effectively.
You would have responsibility for the development and initiation of new trials and for overseeing the trial team, ensuring staff are and suitably trained and supported. In addition, as a Clinical Trials Programme Manager you would be expected to provide scientific or operational expertise and leadership within a defined area of research or trial conduct.
- Development and set up of new studies/sub studies in the context of relevant local, national and international priorities and ongoing research interests. This includes:
- Developing successful funding applications; contributing to the scientific, financial and trial management aspects of the application;
- Ensuring effective and timely site feasibility assessments;
- Developing study protocols and patient information material, ensuring compliance with the highest scientific, regulatory and ethical standards;
- Liaising with the contracts managers, sponsor organisations, key collaborators and pharmaceutical partners to ensure appropriate contractual arrangements for trial conduct are in place;
- Negotiating with external collaborators, including pharmaceutical partners, to ensure effective provision of protocol treatments;
- Obtaining regulatory, ethics and HRA approvals for trial conduct;
- Working closely with Scientific leads, CIs, trial oversight committees, sponsor organisations and study teams to ensure effective communication between all parties;
- Overseeing trial team, ensuring appropriate arrangements are in place for the delivery and management of study treatment and the collection of high quality data and biological specimens;
- Producing and/or reviewing reports to trial oversight committees, Trial Management Group (TMG), Trial Steering Committee (TSC) and, if required, the Independent Data Monitoring Committee (IDMC) and attending meetings of those committees as necessary
- Leading, motivating and developing staff within the team;
- Identifying the training requirements of the team to ensure operational objectives and, where appropriate, personal development goals are met;
- Conducting annual appraisals to review progress, set objectives and identify areas for development;
- Dealing with any staffing issues that may arise through the application performance management procedure
- Appointment will be on a Fixed Term Contract for 2 years initially.
Minimum of a first degree or equivalent qualification in biomedical sciences or an allied subject
Postgraduate qualification in biomedical sciences or an allied subject
Should already be able to live and work in the UK.
Pop Science are an innovative, personal and experienced recruitment and staffing consultancy. Our aim is to make science more popular by championing careers in clinical and scientific research, technology, engineering, maths and more. Whether you want a permanent job, a contract role or even a change in perspective with some volunteering, contact us and let us help you. We support working practises that promote happiness at work.
We're an experienced, skilled team with personality; we have a passion for science, and drive and enthusiasm to make a difference to you.
Find out more at Pop Science - Recruitment