Credit / Sales Ledger Controller
I have just started working alongside my exclusive client to bring on board a fulltime Credit / Sales Ledger Controller to their business, just outside Chester. This is an exciting position in a fast paced environment where hard work is rewarded. Ultimately reporting to the Credit Manager this is a standalone position where you will be responsible for all credit control / sales ledger function - this a great opportunity for the right person to really make this position their own.
The successful candidate will ideally AAT qualified or working towards and have a minimum 3 years' experience in a high volume credit control position.
Tasks and Responsibilities
* To be solely responsible for all credit control and sales ledger functions within the business.
* To work closely with the sales team to resolve queries regarding debt.
* To ensure all debt is collected on a timely basis.
* To upload all bank credits into the financial system.
* To upload all sales invoices into the financial system.
* To match, using models prepared in excel, credits and invoices and then match these within the Debtors ledger in the Finance system.
* To ensure the system accurately reflects the correct insured credit limits and terms.
* To update the Credit Control Manager on a daily basis of any concerns regarding debt collection.
* To phone business' and resolve queries & chase outstanding debt on a timely basis.
* To look to implement improvements in the debt collection process.
* To be involved in and help bed in a new finance system implementation.
* To be responsible for processing of daily payments to worker through our on-line banking system
IT skills - Advanced Excel, ideally to include pivots / v lookups.
* Excellent telephone / email communication skills
* Team player but able to use initiative
* Ability to prioritise / organise own workload
* Able to look for efficiencies and improvements within process
If you feel you have the necessary skills, have been solely responsible for credit / sales ledger or have minimum 3 years' experience and looking for that step into a role of more responsibility, please apply to be considered for the shortlist. Interviews will likely take place week commencing 23rd April.