NFTP Procurement Manager
Are you an experienced Procurement Manager?
Here at the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority we have an exciting new opening for a procurement manager due to expansion of the site and services.
What do we do?
Would you like to be part of making our world a sustainable and greener planet? You could have the opportunity to work alongside the team at the cutting edge of this science.
The United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority is a large UK government research organisation based on an expansive site just outside of Oxford. UKAEA's mission is to lead the commercial development of fusion power and related technology and position the UK as a leader in sustainable nuclear energy. With over 1,000 employee's, this is an exciting and vibrant place to work.
You will provide support to the NFTP Procurement Manager and Department Heads for delivery of Contracts support within the NFTP project.
Directly responsible for the Procurement aspects/strategy alignment to the UKAEA strategic goals.
To ensure UKAEA is compliant with European Commission and UK directives for procurement in the public sector.
To ensure UKAEA is compliant with BEIS targets and milestones
* Co-ordination of Procurement support to enable delivery of major projects, delivering required support within the time parameters to meet project milestones and targets, collaborating with others to define the project scope taking into account Public Contract Regulations
* Responsible for pre-qualifying contractors and subsequent interviewing tenderer's, assessing tenders and negotiation of contracts as required
* Managing, monitoring and controlling contractual progress of projects in terms of adherence to contract terms taking into account time, cost and quality
* Forming contracts around NEC.
* Identify opportunities for improvements and propose solutions in order to contribute continuous improvement within UKAEA. Make final recommendations for the development of new solutions using analytically and constructive thinking
* Assistance with creation, application and implementation of procurement strategies for NaFTeP
* Provide commercial advice to line and senior management within UKAEA and to participate in specific initiatives where appropriate
* Understand, influence, drive and negotiate with internal and external customers, suppliers and colleagues.
* MCIPS qualified. (Essential)
* Previous experience working within OJEU. (Essential)
* Working with High value Contracts (up to £15million) and high value one off purchases (up to 200k).
* A good technical appreciation of the range of procurement categories.
* Commercially astute and customer focused.
For a full job description and additional information, please submit your CV or contact
- Please note, this role is strictly within IR35 and only available on PAYE/Umbrella basis.
- All employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.