Product Knowledge: Production machinery in the window industry
Sales Area / Based: South Yorkshire
Salary / Package: £30000 - £40000
Our client, a Window and Door Manufacturer is currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer.
- The Service Technician will be responsible for all maintenance requirements (reactive & proactive) for the company, which includes production machinery, ancillary equipment, building fabric, general site and services in this hands-on role.
- Develop, implement, monitor, review and sustain an effective PPM (planned preventative maintenance programme) which provides for continual development and improvement of equipment (working outside of normal hours may be required in order for production to not be affected)
- Responding to breakdowns and equipment faults in a timely manner, and carrying out diagnosis and any necessary repairs quickly and efficiently to ensure impact to production is kept to a minimum
- To participate in the selection of plant and machinery and provide technical input where required
- To organise and oversee machine installations, removals and relocations
- Working with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC's)
- Adhere to statutory inspections (e.g. Fixed wire testing, LOLER, etc)
- Organise and manage (including the supervision of) external contractors
- Develop good working relationships both internally and externally
- Work closely with production to ensure machine performance levels are achieved
- Monitor and control stock levels (e.g. parts)
- To provide management and ad-hoc reports as and when required
- Follow Health & Safety and Environmental procedures at all times
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping at all times within all areas
- Undertake any relevant training required
- Any other duties which are deemed as necessary in order to complete the role
Are you a Maintenance Engineer / Engineer / Mechanical Engineer with experience in Window and Door Industry?
Please apply or contact Matthew on 01522 705352 or email
i4C is an Executive Search company within the Building Envelope industry. Specialising in fenestration products such as Aluminium, PVC, Timber, Steel and Composite Windows and Doors. We also operate in the Hardware / Ironmongery, Auto Entrance Systems and Ventilation product sectors.