My client, a global specialist manufacturer based close to Runcorn are seeking to recruit a Compliance and Legal Manager on a permanent basis.
To ensure roll out of and adherence to group Compliance Framework in an effective and value adding approach. In addition, contributing to legal related topics that arise during the normal course of business operations for the UK business
Take ownership for all UK related compliance activities as per local compliance coordinator responsibilities which are defined by the corporate compliance framework.
Compliance accountabilities to include but not limited to:
- Performing adequate local compliance risk management
- Implementation and surveillance of compliance policies and processes
- Monitoring the effectiveness and of the compliance management system
- Compliance policies/SOPs
- Supporting the conduct of internal audits
- Reviewing compliance enquiries and providing advice
- Implementing compliance communication and training measures
- Documenting interaction with HCPs
- Ensuring that Code of Conduct and other relevant compliance documentation is current, published and distributed to employees
- Supporting and developing the reporting tools used to drive corporate compliance in the local organisations
- Assist with Legal review and advice or amendments to documentation covering multiple business areas - HR, Operations, Procurement, Dispute Resolution
- Liaise with 3rd Party legal contacts relating to new and on-going legal disputes
- Main point of contact for GDPR processes and procedures
- Reporting of statutory pricing regulations as appropriate (PPRS, Statutory Scheme Regulations 2014, 2018 etc)
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Business Managers to ensure improved business awareness of compliance in the organisation, in addition this will allow effective horizon scanning for future compliance related activities
Experience and Qualifications
- Legal Background
- Experience of similar role and responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels
- Good commercial skills and awareness.
- A lively and enquiring mind with a logical approach to work, combined with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and develop proactive solutions to business problems.
- Strong Communication Skills