Following a recent restructure, our client, a niche SME engineering business in the St Helens area is looking to appoint an experienced Financial Controller.
Reporting to the Managing Director with a dotted line to Group, the Financial Controller will take full responsibility for the day to day running of the finance function including managing a small accounts team.
As Financial Controller your main responsibilities will include;
* Prepare and publish timely monthly management accounts
* Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
* Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
* Conducting variance analysis and understanding of costings
* Support month-end and year-end close process
* Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
* Analyse and improve business processes and optimise workflows
* Ad-hoc reports as requested by the Managing Director
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA Financial Controller who has previously worked in a SME business or subsidiary of a larger group. Candidates that have worked within a Manufacturing or Engineering environment will be of significant interest, however, all candidates must demonstrate a proven track record of process improvement.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly and established organisation that can offer role with full autonomy within a stable working environment.