IT Infrastructure Engineer
Would you like to work for an industry-leading company, who supply products to some of the world's largest companies? Are you looking to join a stable business, with outstanding career development opportunities? The company is an established manufacturing company supplying a range of niche world-class products to major blue-chip clients across the globe and have recently been awarded a large contract with a company who rank in the top 10 of world companies based on revenue. The company employ over 200 people at their South Wales site and offer a culture which is close-knit and friendly.
Reporting to the director of IT, the IT infrastructure engineer / 2nd line support engineer will be responsible for maintaining and supporting business applications, infrastructure, and hardware across the company. The IT infrastructure engineer / 2nd line support engineer will deliver first line support and second line support to the business, help administer and maintain corporate infrastructure services, and lead exciting projects.
As the IT infrastructure engineer / 2nd line support engineer, your duties will include:
- Providing first line support and second line support.
- Investigating infrastructure issues.
- Ensuring all system changes are appropriately planned and implemented.
- Researching new technologies and presenting proposals for project approval.
- Coordinating and developing training guides and literature.
- Creating and administering staff accounts and logins.
- Supporting client operating systems and applications on all business devices.
- Installing and configuring business devices.
- Maintaining security of the network, desktop systems, and servers.
To be a successful IT infrastructure engineer / 2nd line support engineer, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Administrative experience in core infrastructure services.
- Experience in Microsoft applications and Windows operating systems.
- Experience in Cisco network hardware.
In return, the IT infrastructure engineer / 2nd line support engineer will receive a salary of up to £38,000 (depending on skills and experience) + 25 days on top of bank holidays + pension scheme (5% increasing to 7.5% in 2019) + annual variable bonus plan (discretionary) + childcare vouchers + eyecare scheme.
If you wish to be considered for this role then please click on the apply button.
If you apply and your CV is of interest the consultant will call you if they cannot reach you, they will email and text you requesting that you call them back. YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress!