Personal Tax Assistant Manager - Top 50 Firm
A market leading top 50 chartered accountancy and advisory firm based in Central London. They work with businesses and individuals seeking financial success and security.
Personal Tax Assistant Manager role reporting to the Personal Tax Manager.
To assist the Personal Tax Manager with a growing portfolio and caseload. This will include both complex compliance and ad hoc advisory work dealing with OMB and private client type queries.
You will have an active tax return portfolio, although the size of the portfolio will be reduced to accommodate advisory assignments and provide support to the rest of the team with reviewing returns, technical support and supervision.
The advisory work will cover the firm's personal client base: you will be required to liaise with both personal and corporate tax team members in respect of handling client's tax affairs overall.
- Supervise a small team
- Assist on consultancy projects, which will include letter and report writing to a wide range of audiences
- Request Tax Return information from the client or audit team
- Prepare and generate Tax Returns using CCH
- Liaise with HM Revenue & Customs on the client's behalf
- Deal with HMRC enquiries in respect of clients allocated to your portfolio
- Monitor WIP and raise bills in a timely fashion
- Identify tax planning opportunities from your portfolio
- Attend client meetings as appropriate
- Undertake technical research
- Minimum 3 years' post-tax qualification experience
- Proven tax advisory and enquiry experience
- Strong grounding in tax compliance work
- Ability to develop long term client relationships and deliver added value
- Ability to think strategically about client needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and reprioritise work load depending upon client demands
- CTA qualified
For more information, please contact Colin Priddle at Taylor Hawkes