Senior Manager - Top 20 Firm (Personal Tax)
An experienced Senior Manager is being sought to join one of the personal tax groups in Central London. The mix of work is varied and consists of non-UK domiciled individuals, ultra-high net worth individuals, sole traders, legal and other partnerships, directors of owner-managed businesses and trusts.
The role and responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will have direct staff responsibility for one of the personal tax groups (approximately 10-12 people).
- Overall responsibility for direct tax compliance and advisory matters for client portfolio consisting of approximately 750 private clients.
- You will manage and oversee the direct tax compliance responsibilities for the group portfolio.
- Ensuring technical competence and accuracy of the group's work through risk-based review.
- Adherence to statutory and other deadlines i.e. self-assessment, ATED.
- Meeting billing targets.
- Monitoring time and recovery for the group.
- Liaising extensively with clients in relation to day-to-day compliance and planning issues.
- CTA and/or ACA qualified.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience operating at a Manager or Senior Manager level.
- Experience dealing with all aspects of income and capital taxes, both at compliance and planning levels.
- You must posses organisational and problem-solving skills and the ability to manage, develop and motivate staff.
- Flexibility and resilience are essential attributes.
- £65,000 - £80,000 (dependent on experience)
For more information, please contact Colin Priddle at Taylor Hawkes.