The Hinkley Point C Project is one of the largest infrastructure projects in Europe. During the business construction phase over 5,600 people will work on the site. The project marks the rebirth of the UK's nuclear industry and will present invaluable opportunities for Somerset, the South West and wider UK.
We are currently looking for CAD Engineers to work on site at Hinkley Point C.
- Produce 2D drawings and intelligent 3D models
- Collect information and consolidate it,
- Confirm that information is consistent with the Site Configuration,
- React to delays which could impact the overall programme,
- Create detailed documented records and maintained them to ensure clarity of the process and outcomes,
- Inform on the progress of the work allocated,
- Assist with the resolution of issues, identify issues and escalate to the manager,
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the site teams,
- Manage the interfaces (technical & functional) within the Roads & Networks project applicable to change and modification,
- Comply with NNB QA policies and procedures and Commit to use the project BIM standards,
- Use SET model and drawing management system, tools and procedures.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience in the delivery of major infrastructure projects,
- Experienced in British and European Standards for civil works,
- Enhanced organisational skills,
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, which include Contract Partners
- Desirable experience in, highways, drainage design, pressurised systems, and systems infrastructure
- General professional qualities as accuracy, tenacity, result-oriented and teamwork-oriented attitude, diplomacy,
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills notably with various levels of the organisation and externally,
- Discretion - Confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information,
- The individual would preferably be vetted to at least a basic level (BPSS).
- Practical experience in design, drafting (both in 2D and 3D) and/or construction. Autodesk Civil 3D knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of current 2D and 3D tools, especially Autodesk Civil 3D
- Good working knowledge and previous practical experience of UK BIM level 2 standards and procedures
- Confident to use own initiative when and if required
- Experience of developing technical solutions, with design decisions validated through design interface.
- Previous knowledge and experience in clash detection and CDE
- Previous knowledge and experience of EIR and BEP
The role will commence as soon as possible. The individual will be required full-time for a period of 12 months. Following this, the role may be subject to further extension agreements.
This position will be based at Hinkley Point C working on the HPC project with travel to other project sites including Bristol and London as required.
We are looking for contractors who will join and make a long term impact on the project. For more information please contact James Perry at Rullion on 0203 201 1209.
Applications close on Wednesday 2nd May 2018. If you have not had a reply within 7 days your application has been unsuccessful.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.