We are looking for an experienced SharePoint Developer to join our team and come work with us on a number of exciting projects for multiple clients. Most of our clients are now in the cloud, so experience with SharePoint Online and Office 365 is essential. However we do still have some development work that is needed for older on premise platforms, so the ideal candidate will have the ability to switch between platforms as needed.
We are a small but busy team with a growing client list, and a solid reputation for delivery. The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, and help develop products and solutions within the SharePoint space, and will also have a creative approach to developing scalable and reusable code that delivers the right value to the customer. As a team, we actively embrace new technologies and work hard to ensure that what we deliver is right for now and also for the future - what this means in practical terms is that solutions should be resilient, they should be using up to date technology and developed using modern tools, and able to extend, both in terms of integration and additional phases to that.
Required skills & experience
- Subject matter expert in Office 365 and on-premises SharePoint 2013, with at least 3 full project lifecycle implementations (of SPO, SP2016, SP2013 or SP2010)
- Strong capability in ASP.NET, MVC and C# development (to most recent version)
- Experience of SharePoint app/add-in model and remote APIs (i.e. CSOM, JSOM and REST)
- Experience of knockout.js or React.js
- Experience of modern web stack development - TypeScript, npm and gulp/webpack/npm scripts
- Strong capability in SharePoint search - Managed Properties, Crawled Properties, search queries, and search web parts
- Experience of PowerShell and CSOM (i.e. used together) for scripting against Office 365
- Experience/awareness of Microsoft OfficeDev Patterns and Practices code libraries for SharePoint
- Experience of source code management techniques such as branching and merging, preferably in TFS
- Familiarity of Team Foundation Server/Visual Studio Online for source control, work item and defect tracking
- Experience of providing estimates, writing technical documentation, and working in an agile delivery project
- Experience working in a client facing consultancy role delivering workshops and managing client expectations on technical deliverables.
- Experience of providing creative solutions to client objectives within budget and time constraints.
- Demonstrable examples of productised development, apps or code samples made available and utilised by other developers.
- Demonstrable examples of externally available content such as blogs, tweets or other information showing insight into development or Microsoft product stack.
Highly desirable skills & experience
- Experience of developing against the Microsoft Graph (especially oAuth, Azure Active Directory, adal.js and Graph SDKs)
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Azure - especially "Platform as a Service" elements such as Azure Web Apps, Azure Web Jobs, Azure Functions and Azure SQL Database.
- Experience of Github for source control
- Knowledge of and experience with W3C coding standards for accessibility
- Experience of core SharePoint server-side development techniques - such as developing timer jobs, event receivers, web parts, content types, deploying master pages and other assets, and packaging artefacts into SharePoint Features and Solutions
- Experience of leading a development team on a delivery project
- Experience of providing consultancy around SharePoint/Office 365 implementation and development topics
- Knowledge of and experience with IT infrastructure/systems administration
- Experience of developing apps (backend and UI) for iOS, Android or other mobile platforms.