Technical Support Specialist - Software
- Primarily a field-based S/W support role with frequent time spent within South-East office locations
- Availability to travel within UK on a continuous basis
- Availability to travel outside UK occasionally
- UK - Project Managers, Service Managers, Technical Lead
- PT - Service, Software Development, Engineering
£27,000 - £37,000 Per annum
- 5 years+ experience working in an Application\Software Support Environment.
- Experience working with Windows Operating Systems, including XP, Win 7, Win 8, Windows Server 2012 and be able to configure PCs and Servers Diagnose and troubleshoot errors.
- Strong analytical skills to carry out root cause analysis on bespoke applications or MS Operating Systems.
- Remote support experience, preferably VNC
- Complex troubleshooting skills is an advantage.
- Microsoft SQL Server Experience with Transact - SQL.
- Networking Experience, as minimum CompTIA N+ level or similar.
- String MS Office skills, including Word and Excel.
- Willing to be 'hands on’ and with experience of diagnosing hardware faults.
- Be able to build and troubleshoot desktop computers and peripherals.
- Working knowledge of networking infrastructure, cabling, electrical schematics and electromechanical equipment.
- Experience in electrical and electromechanical testing.
- Must be clearable to UK Government Security Clearance (SC) level.
- Eligible to work in the UK with full driving license and geographically mobile.
- Must be comfortable operating independently within customer environments.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Have a passion for excellence
- Relevant experience of working in Aviation, Government, Security or similar environments.
- Windows Server building experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of biometric technologies \ equipment is an advantage
- Awareness and understanding of ITIL processes
Primary Outcomes & Accountabilities
- Reporting to a Service Delivery Manager closely liaising with a Technical Lead, analysing incidents and investigating root cause of problems. Present findings via incident reports.
- Routine system maintenance and server checks to ensure system is in correct working order and applying software fixes and updates.
- Testing and configuration of new systems either OS or bespoke equipment.
- Completion and ongoing management of technical documentation.
- Identifying faults both remotely and at sites.
- Responding to incidents, supporting Level 1 and Level 2 engineers, performing break/fix activities after escalations from sites.
- Liaising with customers on site, via telephone or remotely and proactively communicating with UK and Head Office Teams, escalating issues and identifying areas where service can be improved.
- Analysis of system performance.
- Responsible for compliance with company policies including Health and Safety, Vehicle use, Expenses etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and be able to priorities and focus with clear problem solving.
- Must be comfortable operating alone either in an office or within customer environment or working within a small team.
- Must have excellent time management and organisational skills, able to communicate well to customers and be comfortable liaising with other colleagues overseas.
- Well presented.
- Experience of working in an international culture and in an ITIL service environment an advantage.