Stanmore Quality Surfacing Ltd is looking for a Systems Administrator.
SQS is a family firm that has grown into a leading reinstatement and surfacing solutions provider in London, the Home Counties and the South East.
With a 20-year track record in providing high quality reinstatement and highways maintenance services, SQS continues to be at the forefront of quality, innovation and performance in the industry.
SQS has a dynamic and fast expanding IT & Systems department. Our technical stack is based on the latest system development technologies as we build test and deliver cloud based solutions for desktop and mobile.
We are now looking for a Systems Administrator to join our expanding IT & Systems team.
Overall purpose of the job:
To work within the IT and Systems Team to manage, administer and support the company’s IT infrastructure, servers (physical & cloud), systems, hardware, software and applications. Provide 3rd line support and technical expertise as required.
- Maintenance and monitoring of all company servers, physical and cloud based
- Maintain existing server infrastructure in accordance with operational procedures, approx. 60% Windows 40% Linux
- Management of server based software and services
o Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
o Reviewing system and application logs.
o Respond to alerts from AV system.
o Domain Controller management.
- User administration, administration of Active Directory, GPO etc
o Contribute to and maintain system standards
o Maintain lifecycle of both user accounts and user hardware
- Management of AWS cloud infrastructure for SQS IT
- Configuration of new servers
- Systems security and anti-virus software
- Backup management of all Windows & Linux servers.
- Recovery of systems, files and folders as required by users and business departments.
- Regular DR testing and system recovery.
- Management of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery documentation.
Administration of Business Systems (with IT Manager):
- When required by user functions, management and administration of:
o Sage Finance, Sage Payroll, Syrinx, Capita T&A, Cornerstone LMS etc.
o Any other server or cloud based business systems.
- Be available for out of hours and emergency situation response.
- Establish and maintain appropriate relationships to ensure that tasks and products are delivered on time to the agreed standard.
- Provide cover for other members on the IT team in times of sickness and holidays.
- Assist with analysis / implementation of new developments, project and mobilisations.
Communication & Information:
- Attend and contribute to IT and Systems team meetings as required.
- Provide excellent communication ensuring users are kept fully informed at all times.