Night Operations Manager
The role is to manage and develop the Rail night operations within agreed financial parameters, operating procedures and all legislative requirements covering both operational and personnel training requirements to meet and exceed performance targets (and client expectations). Strong project and financial management experience is essential.
- Monitoring and professional oversight of all work to ensure and exceed required quality levels.
- Provide management support as required.
- Ensuring the availability of and if required participation in the provision of a 24/365 emergency on call service, as required.
- To manage and provide direction, guidance and support to operatives and their colleagues in the provision of all elements of service, ensuring they are able to carry out their roles efficiently and effectively.
- To monitor and effectively manage people, materials and financial resources to maintain effective budgetary control, maximise profitably and ensure that pre-set budget limits are maintained.
- Ensure, demonstrate, review and monitor compliance, to meet the expectation and needs of the Client, the quality and organisational goals of the company
- To achieve compliance with all relevant policies and procedures in relation to people management and specifically absence management & disciplinary procedures.
- To create and maintain a Healthy, Safe, and Secure Environment and ensure compliance with all Health & Safety legislation, company policy & any applicable industry requirements.
- To produce accurate and timely reports and information as required by the client or the company
- To grow services in order to meet clients and companies expectations, whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with Client requirements
- To undertake continuous evaluations of all proposed and required changes to services, identifying financial, personnel and operational performance implications prior to confirmation and implementation of any change.
- Minimising staff turnover by creating an atmosphere of professionalism and commitment within the Sector, whilst seeking ways in which to improve the working environment in order to achieve optimum job satisfaction for all employees so as to minimise sickness and absence.
- To identify and respond flexibly to changing trends in the market so as to remain competitive and safeguard long term viability of the business.
- To work in partnership with the General Manager providing technical support and guidance.
- The Night Operations Manager is to take on the operational lead on night operations, overseeing a number of contracts within TFL and Rail.
The successful Candidate will:
- Have proven experience of leading, developing and motivating a team, ideally with experience of managing multiple teams.
- Strong TFL transport experience, with a London Underground basis.
- Ideally hold a strong understanding both commercially and operationally within both contract and project management.
- Install a "right first time culture" within the division.
Please check the requirements of the role carefully and ensure that they are reflected in your CV. Applications will be assessed for clarity and presentation as well as content.
Closing Date: Friday 6th April 2018 at 1700.