Supplier Relationship Manager
Job Title: Supplier Relationship Manager
Reporting to: Head of Procurement
Location: Birchwood, Warrington, WA3
A market leader in the provision of Integrated Stores and Supply Chain Management Solutions for Blue Chip Companies in the UK and Europe,are now seeking an experienced Supplier Relationship Manager to be part of a busy Procurement team, based in Birchwood, Warrington.
The Supplier Relationship Manager role is pivotal in forging and developing relationships with key suppliers and clients alike, managing key procurement relationships, ensuring that contracts are delivered successfully and ensuring significant savings are achieved across the businesses.
The successful candidate will manage the procurement and relationship for key clients including; Jaguar Land Rover, AstraZeneca, Carlsberg, Kimberly Clarke amongst others, with our key suppliers, continually developing and enhancing contracts to deliver our business strategy.
This is not a typical category management position, whilst a background in indirect category management is desirable, managing suppliers and relationship management is key.
A strong background in Procurement (indirect procurement experience is preferred), You will possess strong stakeholder engagement skills coupled with a history leading major projects, client facing and have a commercial approach to procurement.
Strong communication, negotiation and relationship management skills are key to success in the role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader in what is seen as the key hire within the successful delivery of the company's internal cost saving strategy.
MRO experience is needed for this role.
- Client Management of Indirect Materials Suppliers (IESA has 50+ categories; including mechanical, stationary, welding, electrical, pumps - of which there are over 120 sub categories)
- Ensuring contracts run smoothly, reviewing commercials, developing, enhancing, negotiating discounts on behalf of IESA client from suppliers and management fees.
- Identify leakage; data analysis; analysing spend, market analysis
- Tender management
- Pre and post contract procurement/contracts management
- Support the overall governance of the Procurement/ Supply Chain programme
- Liaising closely with Client Relationship Managers to deliver key account deliverables; efficiencies etc
- Weekly reporting; monitoring of spend reports
- Category Management experience - exposure across Indirect categories.
- Commercial Approach to Procurement; negotiating and developing contracts
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills
- MCIPS/Degree Qualified (desirable)
- Strong Blue Chip career history