I am now working with a small but growing manufacturing company based in South Yorkshire who are looking to recruit a Quality Engineer due to internal promotions. If you are looking for a new challenge with a growing and expanding business that offer strong personal development and career progression please apply below.
Based in South Yorkshire my client are a leading, metals based design and manufacturing company who are currently undergoing large growth. The company have just made some internal promotions and as a result they are now looking to recruit a Quality Engineer to carry out in process inspection on a daily basis, assist in maintaining the QM system and support customer expectations.
As the Quality Engineer you will report directly into the Quality Manager and will be responsible for carrying out process inspections on a daily basis, assist in maintaining the QM system and support customer expectations. You would also deputise for the Quality Manager in their absence so motivation and confidence is essential.
The below descriptions are a guide as to the main duties for this role:
- Carry out in process inspection against production drawings and release of product prior to dispatch.
- Liaise with production on rework / rectification of non-conforming product.
- Updating and administration of the non-conformance data base in the Pro-active system.
- Liaise with Engineering & Design on the implementations of corrective actions
- Facilitate and organise the containment of stock and carry out firewall activity in relation to customer concerns.
- Complete 8D reports and submitting required CAR to the customer's representative on a timely basis.
- Lead improvement activities in relation to lean production, 5S and rejection reduction.
- To conduct audits, together with closing out audit findings, creating audit findings reports, and determines appropriate corrective and preventative actions.
- Carry out internal audits in relation to ISO 9001 requirements.
- Support the creation of Visual standards.
- The management of the calibration log and liaising with external calibration bodies where appropriate. Maintenance of all measuring and inspection equipment.
- To develop any written quality procedures and manufacturing SOPs as appropriate.
- Lead quality improvement meetings as and when required.
- Creation of quality documentation to support quality improvement activities.
- Product may also be returned to raw material suppliers according to the raw material rejection procedure.
- Provide and maintain the required inputs to the Proactive System Carryout training to other personnel on Quality related activities, as and when required.
As the successful Quality Engineer candidate you will be based within a commutable distance of South Yorkshire, and preferably would come with 2 years Quality Engineer knowledge.
You will also have/be:
- 2 or more years in a Quality Engineer role.
- Good knowledge and experience of 8D/5Y or FMEA and Problem Solving methodologies.
- Auditor qualification preferred.
- Knowledge of supplier approval process.
- Knowledge of Quality procedures working to ISO9001 processes.
- Competence in Microsoft packages and in Continuous Improvement methodology, 5S, Kaizen etc.
£25,000 - £30,000