Hammonds, UK's largest choice of fitted furniture company requires a CAD/CAM Engineer to join our Inpress division based in Hinckley. Working on our dayshift; 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. Offering a salary of circa £23,000-£25,000 per annum.
As our CAD/CAM Engineer you will work as part of a team to introduce new product and product changes on time, in full, to the highest quality standards, whilst continually improving. You will need to deliver effective cad/cam and technical support to the factory
Responsibilities of our CAD/CAM Engineer include the following:
- Ensure orders are set up correctly and programs are produced ,in accordance with the inpress QMS system.
- Issue drawings and ensure that the latest drawing issues are updated,
- Talk to and understand customers and other technical decision makers in external businesses; interpret requirements and highlight potential problems.
- Working as part of a team; take product from the design stage into a production process.
- Using the latest CAD and CAM Programs for machines and processes to ISO 9001 standards
- Consider cost and efficiency in any task undertaken.
- Learn and develop new technology and software as it comes into the business.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety procedures are followed with all relevant paperwork/forms completed,
- Take part in project teams to improve manufacturing from quality, efficiency, housekeeping, safety etc.
To become our CAD/CAM Engineer you must have and be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- In depth knowledge of varying production methods
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Cad Cam knowledge
- Inventor/AlphaCam experienced
- Experience within a fast moving manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of quality systems and working to quality standards ISO/BS750)
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Computer literate
- Valid UK driving licence
- Ability to recognise future issues and resolve prior to impact
- Seeks to improve business processes
- Excellent team player
- Proactive and willing to respond to change
- Able to encourage innovation in self and in others
- Recording data accurately on in-house software and conversant with Microsoft Office
- Flexible to changes and day to day challenges
Hinckley is commutable from Nuneaton, Leicester, Rugby, Coventry, Tamworth, Erdington and surround areas.
If you have the skills and experience to become our CAD/CAM Engineer please click 'apply’ today and follow our simple online process
N.B: vacancies may be filled prior to the expiry date.
Strictly no agencies please