Temporary Legal Secretary - Property
Legal Secretary - Property
Our Property Team in Canterbury is looking for an experienced property secretary to join their team as soon as possible. This is a full-time position, working Monday to Friday, 9.00 - 17.15. The role is temporary maternity cover so will be for a period of 5 to 6 months.
To be considered for the role you need to have a sound, up-to- date understanding of the residential and commercial conveyancing process. Additionally, you need to have previously worked within a legal environment and have successfully supported fee earners with transactional matters on the sale and purchase of properties, as part of your daily work.
The ability to prioritise and organise your work is a must, along with flexibility to meet the needs of the team and the ability to deliver an outstanding service to their clients.
The team use a case management system as part of their daily work, so it is vital that you have good IT skills.
In return our Client can offer an excellent salary and staff benefits package along with a fantastic working environment.
- To provide secretarial and general administrative support to fee earners within the Residential and Commercial Property Team. To promote the professional image of the firm at all times.
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing (digital dictation).
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain up-to-date diary for the department.
- To deal whenever possible with routine client enquiries and communications.
- General administration, which will include daily filing, the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files within the parameters of ISO 9001 standards.
- To prepare mail and enclosures.
- To prepare documents/reports as required by fee earners.
- To deal with transactional matters in the sale and purchase of residential properties.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s client’s documentation and information.
- To provide secretarial support to other areas of the office as necessary.
- To work at other offices, from time to time, to meet the needs of the business.
- Other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the role.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Educated to O-Level/GCSE and equivalent standard.
- ILEX Secretarial qualification (desirable)
- Previous residential and commercial property secretarial experience (essential)
- Up-to-date understanding of the residential property conveyancing process (essential)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Good understanding of excellent client care
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to be flexible within the office environment
Renato Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this full time contract position.