Assistant Financial & Capital Accountant
As the Assistant Financial & Capital Accountant for the NHS you will, be responsible for maintaining the fixed asset register and provide efficient and effective corporate financial reporting services information. You will support the production of Statutory and Mandatory financial reporting.
This NHS organisation is situated in a desirable Berkshire location and can offer a progressive role with opportunity for career growth and development.
The function covers all aspects of Financial and Capital Accounting.
The key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all Balance Sheet accounts for both main Trust and Charity are reconciled monthly and ensuring that all reconciling items are routinely cleared to facilitate a robust control around the Balance Sheet;
- Timely, accurate and meaningful balance sheet reporting to stakeholders. Supporting the Financial & Capital Accountant with preparation of financial accounts in accordance with agreed accounting policies and reporting standards as detailed in the Trust's own accounting policies, and NHSI Annual Reporting Manual.
- Preparing the interim and year end Prepared by Client external audit files, and liaising with other areas of Finance, Payroll and Workforce Information Team, to ensure all working papers are compiled and are of sufficient quality to deliver a clean audit process;
- Modelling the output of the annual Capital Plan and performance against the plan against depreciation for in year forecasting and future planning purposes;
- Preparation and timely and accurate submission of VAT returns, ensuring EU transactions are correctly captured and recorded on the monthly VAT return, and being the main point of contact for VAT issues both internally and with the third party VAT review and re-review providers
- The post holder will be expected to have a working knowledge of how to manage the Trusts cashbooks and management of the Trust bank accounts, to ensure adequate cover is available.
The successful applicant will have the following credentials:
- Working knowledge of capital accounts
- VAT experience
- AAT qualified or studying ACCA or CIMA
- Strong excel skills
- Able to work with stakeholders
- Permanent career opportunity
- excellent benefits