The Purchasing Manager will give strategic leadership to a team of Commodity Buyers. Investigating new international supply chain partners in Asia and the Far East will be the principal objective of the Purchasing Manager. The Purchasing Manager will drive sourcing strategy across the procurement of; castings, forgings, bearings, pneumatics, machining, gearbox systems, driveshaft and similar engineered components.
Specific duties of the Purchasing Manager include:
- Investigation, Assessment and auditing of new supply partners in India and China
- Negotiation and agreement of long term supply agreements with suppliers and subcontract partners
- The development of procurement strategies across mechanical commodities
- Liaison with technical and engineering colleagues in regards to supplier selection and management activities
- Strategic SRM of critical suppliers - own scorecards, review meetings and involve relevant stakeholders
- Develop, mentor and direct Commodity Buyers / Commodity Managers
Purchasing Manager applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Strategic procurement, commodity/category management or supply chain management experience
- Experience within a technical manufacturing or engineering environment, such as automotive or aerospace
- Knowledge of, and experience sourcing from a global supply chain
- Experience sourcing from a mechanical supply chain; pneumatics, machining, castings, forgings, gearboxes etc.
- Strong leadership, stakeholder engagement skills, and gravitas
- CIPS, Part CIPS or degree is desirable
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.