Digital Designer/ Team Leader
Digital Designer / Team Leader
£40,000 per annum
City of London
09.00 - 17.30 Monday - Friday
We are currently recruiting for an exciting new Digital Designer/Team Leader position at a well-known multinational investment bank. Our client is looking for a talented individual who is looking to develop their own skills and experiences whilst enabling a team to create ambitious plans now and for the future.
The successful candidate will be working in the Creative Services team and will be responsible for leading the digital materials with a real focus on animation and videography, this will be a focus and a huge growth area for the team. Using a variety of design applications and media for digital design, you will produce creative, corporate, high-quality deliverables for bank. This position is initially going to be a 12-month contract with a view to extending at the end of the 12 months. The working hours will be 9am - 5:30pm, and the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Producing high-quality deliverables and solutions within the banks brand guidelines. Overseeing all work that enters the design studio and prioritise and organise resource requirements to ensure that client deadlines and expectations are met and maintained.
- Leading the design and production of digital solutions, interactive, responsive, web, mobile, motion graphics and video
- Producing digital content including: Website, mobile app and SharePoint design, flipbooks, animations, web banners, digital event material for exhibition and conferences
- Working collaboratively with the other members of the wider team to drive quality and creativity and to help inspire and innovate the creative service offered to the client
- Attending client briefings, and pitches, producing estimates and proposals, negotiating and managing deadlines. Understanding and anticipating clients’ needs and expectations whilst educating and influencing to choose effective and functional designs and deliverables within timeframes
- Taking responsibility for the general standard of creativity and final output of all work. Quality controlling of the studio output, using strict procedures
- Leading the design and production of digital solutions
- Overseeing the training and development of the team
- Challenging traditional approaches and push the brand where possible
- Following standards and digital guidelines for branded materials
- Keeping abreast of digital media trends, technologies and developments to share new ideas to the team and client
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- 4+ years’ experience in front end digital design
- Strong leadership skills whilst providing direction and guidance to the other team members, supporting the development and progression to junior designers
- A good understanding of web usability and information architecture with an excellent understanding of current digital (video and web) technologies
- Awareness of video production techniques, post production for corporate video shoots using Adobe After Effects (motion graphics techniques)
- Good skills in animation, motion graphics/video and sound. Experience in Adobe Premiere would be advantageous
- Awareness of web design and production techniques on PC hardware/software (Designing page layouts in Photoshop / Fireworks, HTML coding and graphic compression of images, animation for in-page elements, banners and screensavers)
- Experience of working in financial services/corporate design environment is advantageous
- Advanced level in: storyboarding, animation, videography, video editing, Adobe Creative Cloud, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Cinema 4D PPT animation, HTML5, CSS
- Strong level of technical and creative design knowledge
- Strong team leadership/people management skills with excellent project management abilities whilst sharing digital knowledge and inspiration with team
This is an exceptional new opportunity to work for a multinational banking organisation with excellent scope and an inspiring creative team. If this great opportunity is what you’re looking for please send your CV to Gemma Grima-Brown at HYF today.
It is HYF’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.
HYF is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients. Thank you.