Senior Power Supply Engineer
Working for this growing global power supplies company you will be responsible for designing power solutions tailored to individual customer requirements, this role requires a self-motivated individual capable of switch mode power supply design, taking concepts from initial specification all the way through to volume production.
Working as part of a team, the ideal candidate will have previous experience within a similar fast paced environment. Recent applications for bespoke power supply systems have included, power supplies for patient monitoring equipment, industrial printers in harsh environments and power supplies for military communications equipment.
- Design of AC/DC and DC/DC switch mode power supplies, utilizing various electrical topologies, to the customers specification.
- Responsible for the full life cycle from concept to volume production, whilst ensuring that the design meets the performance specifications, cost & reliability requirements.
- Knowledge of and ensuring that the designs comply with all necessary regulatory requirements.
- Adherence to Design For Manufacture (DFM) guidelines.
- Liaise with international manufacturing locations during development and product infancy to maximise production yields.
- Ability to select raw materials, components, and suppliers based on product performance, specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements.
- Research and evaluation of new technologies.
- Participation in internal and external design reviews.
- Design Verification Testing.
- Technical report writing.
- Engineering Change Order / Notice generation.
- Test equipment / hardware design and build.
- Electrical design of new and modified products, ensuring product designs are cost effective and designed for ease of manufacture.
- Ability to produce cost analysis and estimates.
- Ability to discuss competently with customers at a technical level.
- Produce reliability prediction calculations and reports.
- Bachelors degree and at least 7-10 years of job related experience.
- Knowledge of power conversion principles, topologies and soft switching techniques and technologies.
- Experience of designing EMI compliant solutions, incorporating EMI filtering and PCB layout.
- Working knowledge of circuit design and simulation.
- Experience with electronic packaging, electronic power supplies and power conversion products.
- Thorough understanding of control theory.
- Ability to write and analyse design documentation.
- Self motivation, initiative and drive
- Strong project management experience.
- Ability to make economic judgements with respect to product costs and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent verbal, written and organisational skills.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Previous experience of PAD's circuit design, SolidWorks 3D Design and MathCAD software an advantage.