Software Training & Support Specialist
Like to Instruct, Travel, Meet People? This Career Has it All
You are an energetic, communicative person with a knack for developing quick rapport with strangers. You are computer savvy with a technical background and you’re good at explaining things to people in a clear, non-intimidating way. You enjoy travelling. You are self-motivated. You don’t need - or want - to be micro-managed, because you have the discipline and drive to succeed. If this describes you, there is a great opportunity for you to launch a new, exciting career as a Software Training & Support Specialist at Profit Systems Inc. (PSI).
Since 1985, PSI has been developing software in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada and selling it all over the world. In fact, the vast majority of our clients are international (U.S., U.K. and Australia). We have 2 software products: EventPro, for event & venue management, and PMXpert, for preventive maintenance. Don’t worry if you don’t know much about events or preventive maintenance - we’ll teach you what you need to know.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will be responsible for online and onsite client training and support for our software products. This position will involve travel, primarily within the United Kingdom/Europe, but training trips to other regions may occur. When onsite training requires weekend travel, you are compensated with time off in lieu. When not onsite training, you will provide online training and client support from our office in Bristol via telephone and GoToMeeting or RingCentral Meetings.
As a Software Training & Support Specialist, you are a front-line representative of PSI. A successful training experience is important for establishing software use and retaining clients. You will work with our clients monitoring and guiding them through consultation, preparation, installation, training and follow up; as well as providing "How To" and technical support. This will involve developing excellent working relationships with clients as you help them determine what they want to achieve, implement effective processes, and troubleshoot any issues.
Why Work at PSI?
We’re casual and laid back at the office - no suits required - although onsite training at clients’ locations will require professional business attire. We work hard, and take pride in our professional products & services, but we like to have fun, too. Laughter is even permitted at the office, between 3 pm and 4 pm every second Friday.
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral), and superior customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and can think on your feet
- A current passport and valid driver’s license
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7, 8, Server)
- Knowledge of SQL servers and Queries- Knowledge of IIS (Internet Information Services)
- Highly organized and able to manage a schedule of various training & travel requirements
- Really good with people - all kinds of people
- Comfortable with airplane travel and willing to drive in other locations in Canada and the United States
- Able to rent cars in the U.K and Europe (meeting minimum age requirements)
- Proficient with computer applications in general
Nice to have, but not necessary:
- Teaching experience or a background in training
- Customer Support Experience (technical or otherwise)
- Experience with Report Designers
- Experience in event venue management, the hospitality industry or event planning
- A post-secondary diploma or degree
Ready to Launch a New Career?
Are you up for this opportunity to become our Software Training & Implementation Specialist? If so, please send us your cover letter and resume with listed references. Applications without a covering letter addressing this specific role will not be considered. You can read more about us at www.eventpro.net and www.pmxpert.com. We look forward to meeting you!