Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant
Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant, Salary: c£18k, Based: Peterborough
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant to join a leading global business services provider with multiple UK sites. We are keen to hear from candidates wanting to do their AAT qualification and progress in their accounting career in a financial accounting environment.
The purpose of the Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant role is to support the Financial Accounting Manager with the preparation and completion of the monthly accounts and all related processes for balance sheet reconciliations and fixed asset management.
- Preparation of monthly journals.
- Assistance with analysis of month end reports.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assistance in fixed asset management, processing and reporting.
- Property accounting.
- Working capital analysis.
- Taxation analysis.
- Any ad-hoc assistance as required to support Finance team.
The ideal candidate will have experience within a finance / accounts environment with exposure to financial accounting and the desire to do their AAT and progress. Key skills require include:
- Accuracy and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Ability to develop role.
- Good communication skills.
- Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers.
- Finance related experience preferred with exposure to a financial accounting environment.
- Good excel skills.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then please apply attaching your CV.