Home Manager (Qualified Nurse)
Job Title: Care Home Manager (Qualified Nurse)
Location: Archers Court, Sunderland, SR3
Contract: 38.5 hours per week, permanent
Nurses enjoy life at the heart of our community
If you are a Registered Nurse (RGN) with current UKCC registration who is welcoming, kind, professional, positive, respectful and enjoys life - we want to hear from you.
Orchard at the heart of the community
Orchard Care Homes has been running and managing care homes across the UK for over a decade. Our mission: To be the positive choice for residents, their families and friends, healthcare professionals and staff.
Our person-centred approach to care relies on the dedication and passion of our employees, who we expect to go the extra mile to improve the home experience and generate a relaxed and informal community within our homes.
What you’ll be doing
Taking accountability of the day-to-day running of the home, you will promote a caring environment which provides residents with a high standard of specialised personal care. You’ll be meeting the individual needs of residents, ensuring everyone is treated with respect, dignity, rights to privacy, independence and that their choices are met.
You will lead and develop staff with fairness, transparency and an inclusive approach to ensure that the home is a friendly supportive working environment.
You will be checking legal and CQC requirements are met, along with achieving the high standards expected of all managers leading an Orchard Care Home,
Where you’ll be working
Just south of the city of Sunderland, Archers Park is a light and friendly residential care home, focusing on high quality care for older people, some of whom are living with dementia.
What you will need
- Previous managerial experience in a similar setting
- Registered Nurse with current NMC PIN
- Leadership qualities, effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Practice knowledge of auditing and care planning for residents with complex needs
- Ability to carry out budgeting responsibilities for the home
- Influencing and motivational skills, being able to work as part of a team is vital
- Excellent understanding of the all regulations relating to care homes including CQC standards and the skills to ensure that these are met and maintained
- Results focused, recognising the commercial aspects of a Manager’s role
- RMA in Management/equivalent or be working towards
- Previous registration with CQC and a history of good/outstanding ratings in CQC inspections
Essential values and commitment required
- Be a passionate, approachable Manager of the care team
- Lead and develop a team of care staff with fairness, transparency and an inclusive approach
- Induction and training of newly appointed staff, ensuring that the home is a friendly, supportive working environment
- Commitment to complete all training relevant to your role to ensure continual professional development.
What we offer in return
By choosing Orchard Care Homes you are joining a progressive and ambitious group of care homes located across the United Kingdom. We are driven to provide the very best standards of care and quality within our homes, and to recruit the very best people in our company. As such we offer:-
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Ongoing training
- Career development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme
- Comprehensive Induction
- Cost of DBS check paid for by the Company
- Pension scheme