Financial Services Technical Advice Support/Trainee Financial Consultant, North Yorkshire
Working closely with the Financial Advisers, the Technical Helpline Trainee/Consultant/Planner role will be a fantastic move towards achieving your ambition to become a full Financial Adviser within this established and well known Financial Services Provider. Candidates must hold a minimum qualification CII Regulated Diploma in Financial Planning (or equivalent) along with a few years experience working within Financial Services in a similar support/paraplanning type role.
We are looking for people with a real passion for Financial Advice to step into a role that offers wide reaching career progression and a real opportunity to enhance your knowledge on formulating holistic Financial Advice.
As a member of the FA Support Team you will be responsible for working side by side with the advisers navigate through complex areas of business and find solutions for our customers ever changing financial needs.
Whether you goal is to establish yourself within the team or gather the skills to become a Financial Adviser, this FA support role can provide an excellent grounding with a route to gaining an Industry leading Financial Planning Level 4 Diploma Qualification.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build their knowledge base in Financial Advice.
The FA support consultants deal with the complex areas of Financial Advice such as Pension Switch and Decumulation advice whilst also discussing how we best meet the needs of our more vulnerable customers which may require different solutions.
The goal is to work closely with the Adviser to create a recommendation to be presented to our customers which meets their financial planning needs.
The skills that will be acquired involve being able to analyse and interpret the investment research provided on our customers’ investments, interpret tax calculations and ultimately assisting our customers in achieving their financial goals.
- A minimum of the CII Regulated Diploma in Financial Planning (or equivalent) - will consider candidates close to completing the qualification.
- Highly numerate
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team and as an individual
- The ability to cope under pressure
- Ability to cope flexibly and work to time scales
- A willingness to learn
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to formulate appropriate recommendations based on a customers financial planning needs
- A detailed understanding of the financial services industry
- Extensive knowledge of suitability report completion and the required disclosure standards adhered to
- Extensive knowledge of the FA business rules and advice quality standards