Business Restructuring Executive
Business Restructuring Executive required to assist senior staff in performing larger and more complex cases
The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for own caseload and assist senior staff in performing larger and more complex cases while developing relevant technical and accountancy knowledge through on-the-job experience and / or study. This role is responsible to a designated senior group member on specific cases and ultimately to the Group Manager.
The candidate will be required to demonstrate skills in two of the following key areas:
- The role requires strong financial analysis skills with the successful candidate able to identify and investigate key issues in a restructuring scenario, challenging information provided where appropriate. Excellent excel skills and an ability to understand and interrogate financial models are essential. The successful candidate will assist in the drafting of Independent Business Reviews and other written output and therefore experience of report writing and data presentation is required. The role will provide an opportunity to work with and report into senior colleagues, with exposure to a wide range of assignments and industries.
- The role requires an understanding of corporate insolvency procedures from start to finish, with a particular emphasis on administrations, creditors' voluntary liquidations and fixed charge receiverships. In addition, experience of day one site attendance, accelerated sales processes, pre-packaged administrations, client due diligence, research assignments and the production of basic financial statements would be advantageous. The successful candidate will also need to have experience of producing written reports to a good standard as well as knowledge of IPS and strong Excel and Powerpoint skills. This role will require the individual to proactively progress an insolvency caseload, reporting to and working directly with senior colleagues.
- An understanding of antecedent transactions and other potential causes of action available to an officeholder, and the ability to identify and pursue these in the context of a variety of corporate insolvency processes. Capacity to liaise closely with legal advisers and other stakeholders to progress litigation. A working knowledge of basic legal process would also be of benefit, as would experience of dealing with CFA/ATE/litigation funding solutions. Flexibility to deal with different types of appointment, including Court appointments and in overseas jurisdictions. Good knowledge of the underlying corporate insolvency processes, combined with the ability to effectively and efficiently progress caseloads under the supervision of senior team members. Ability to prepare written reports of a high standard, including on matters of an often complex nature.
Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- The role requires an understanding of corporate finance processes and the important role that transactions play in a restructuring environment as a tool to realise value, usually in an accelerated sales process. Core skills also include, simple excel modelling, modelling checking and analysis, designing and authoring marketing materials (information memoranda, teasers) and their integral financial analysis components. The role will provide an opportunity to work closely with and report into a small team of senior colleagues, with exposure to a wide range of assignments and industries.
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
- Qualified - with relevant professional qualification (ACCA / ACA/ JIEB / CPI or equivalent), with an appropriate amount of insolvency experience
- Ability to develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge
- Demonstrate an understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes
- A full and comprehensive understanding of the bank reconciliation process
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant computer packages specific to the business stream preferred.