Assistant Accountant - Financial Services
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a part-qualified ACCA/CIMA accountant to join a leading financial services firm in the heart of London.
The successful candidate will be part qualified and be actively studying towards ACCA / CIMA. They must be professional and reliable with strong analytical, communication and organisational skills. The role is diverse, challenging and will suit a self-starter.
The main duties of the Assistant Accountant role will be assisting the Finance team, with financial and management reporting, UK tax compliance and cash management function.
- Maintain sale/purchase ledgers, fixed asset register
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Month end accruals /prepayments
- Prepare expense/credit card schedules
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and quarterly group consolidation
- Group cash management including forecasting
- Assist in month end closing for financial reporting
- Quarterly VAT reporting
- Support Financial Controller in FCA and SEC compliance
- Degree educated with strong A levels and GCSE's
- 2+ years of broad accounting experience
- Early stages of the ACCA/CIMA and actively studying
- Understanding of accounting journals & reconciliations
- Excel - Intermediate level or above
- Analytical and good attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, positive approach and eager to learn
- Team player, happy to get involved in all areas and help out