Data Privacy Officer
I’m currently recruiting for a Data Privacy Officer. My client is a Global payments and technology company operating in the Fintech space. They are rapidly growing, both organically and through acquisition - providing an exciting challenge for privacy professionals.
The successful applicant will be sufficiently skilled with the necessary GDPR knowledge to work collaboratively with colleagues, to ensure that the business meets its obligations under the GDPR.
The role will include collaborating, assisting and sometimes leading on workstreams and remediation activities including:
- Work with the Programme Team to implement remediation activities with workstream owners and leads
- Support the Programme’s PMO to package up workstream remediation activities ready for execution
- Collaborating with the business in developing and documenting processes, policies and procedures designed to implement the GDPR and reduce data protection risk
- Undertake workstream planning activities working closely with the Programme’s PMO
- Design risk-based and prioritise remediation workplans
- Contribute to Programme reporting activities with PMO.
- Additional to any specific GDPR remediation, the roles may include collaborating, leading, or assisting in the main privacy BAU activities.
Key Requirements and Experience
- Proven experience of operating as a Privacy Officer;
- Significant practical experience in data privacy and protection in both the EU and in particular, UK. Knowledge of other international requirements would be advantageous;
- Pragmatic and risk-based approach;
- Ability to collaborate and build strong stakeholder relationships;
- Excellent communication skills, able to simplify the complicated!
- Capable of influencing at all levels of the organisation in a friendly and constructive manner;
The candidate must be constructive, collaborative, helpful, open, honest, influential, motivated, dedicated. Ability to research and quickly digest new and emerging Data Protection rules and provide practical and commercial advice on their implications, ie:
- Commercially aware;
- Organisational skills - able to run multiple initiatives in parallel;
- Payments industry background helpful; as is wider Compliance and risk management exposure at a senior level for an international organisation, working with Compliance teams, Information Security and other Risk teams;
- Understanding of systems and processes involved in gathering, storing, transferring and collecting data in an international context;
- Understanding of the key concepts and principles of information security.
- IAPP CIPP qualifications, especially CIPP / E, CIPM or ISEB DPA
- Post graduate certification in one or more of data privacy, legal, compliance, information technology desirable;
- Candidates without legal qualifications are welcome, but must have strong data privacy knowledge and experience, with a strong academic background;
- The key requirement is that you have practical data privacy / data privacy officer knowledge and experience, i.e. able to demonstrate implementing privacy and not just 'advising'.
Please apply within if you feel you match the above criteria.