Junior Qlikview Developer
Working in the Business Applications Team you will be providing application support to the wider business community at NPL. This role is an opportunity for a Junior Qlikview Developer/Designer to deepen their skills and experience in Qlikview business intelligence applications design and development. The main focus of the role is to support, enhance and add functionality to our existing Qlikview applications. A roadmap of future development of new applications will also offer the opportunity to engage in the whole lifecycle of application delivery. Activities will include data modelling, data extraction, transformation and load (ETL) and user interface dashboard design and build. The role will focus on applications design, build and delivery, from requirements analysis and capture through to creation of Business Intelligence dashboards and reporting solutions to the production system. Business areas include Finance, Procurement, Project Management, Sales/Order Management and Human Capital Management.
Areas of focus
• Qlikview Business Intelligence application support and development (Qlikview, SQL)
• Applications Design
• Requirement gathering and analysis
• Data reconciliation
• Data ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Load)
Skills and Background/Experience required
• Some experience with the Qlikview design/development environment or similar Business Intelligence tool, preferably in a commercial environment would be an advantage
• Experience using SQL to extract data or produce reports
• Software design, programming
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite especially Excel
• Ideally a degree in a numerate subject or Computing, Information Technology, Business Information Systems or similar
• Requirements analysis and capture
• Some work experience in a similar role would be an advantage
• Any prior exposure to Oracle e-Business suite and experience in Financial BI/Reporting would be beneficial but is not essential
• Punctual, Proactive, Positive, Calm and well Organised
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent English
• Good attention to detail
Based in a unique, purpose-built research environment, we are located in beautiful surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park, south-west London with a host of onsite facilities. These include a subsidised crèche, restaurant and free parking.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Practitioner.