Private Client Service Manager
St. James’s Place is a FTSE 100 Wealth Management company with £90.7bn of client funds under our management. We have grown through the ethos of offering quality, face-to-face wealth management advice and commitment to building trusted and enduring relationships with our clients. We were recently awarded 'Britain's Most Admired Companies - Insurance’ and we are currently recruiting in a number of areas to support our ongoing growth.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The main purpose of this role is to manage a small team responsible for helping Partners to provide a high-quality service to their most wealthy clients and to deliver the corporate Private Client service proposition. This will involve how we identify qualifying Private Clients across the business, how we deal with Private Client cases in the Admin Centres and the development and delivery of the Private Client event programme.
- This is a very hands on role, requiring the job holder to combine the skills of people management, relationship building and technical competency
- Being an escalation point for queries that the team are being asked to handle, offering guidance and potential solutions
- Delivering our Private Client events programme, which will include: Finding and liaising with suitable venues and speakers throughout UK, Designing the programme and accompanying marketing literature, Organising invitations and collating feedback forms to produce MI and Where necessary, being present to help set up and run events
- Be able to directly lead and manage a small team of Private Client Relationship Managers, which will require regular developmental 1:1s and annual appraisals. As manager, you will set objectives and priorities for the team, having assessed how best to make the greatest positive impact on the Partner/Client experience
- Confidently manage relationships with all key stakeholders, including Partners, FMT, Actuarial Services, Investment Management, Admin Centres, Partnership Accounts, Banking and Client Services
- Ability to analyse requirements and conceive solutions
- Forming strong relationships throughout the business to secure the support required to deliver the Private Client proposition
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and sense of personal responsibility
Required Technical Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Financial Services experience is essential and the job holder should be willing to study towards the Diploma qualification if not already qualified
- Develop good knowledge of administration Centre policies and procedures, including the Bluedoor platform as well as the SJP business model - in particular, how Partners run their businesses
- Although a Cirencester based role, there will be an occasional requirement to travel to see Partners or visit the administration centres in Dublin, Stirling or Essex
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance for you and your family, life assurance, equity participation opportunities, and an attractive holiday allowance, to name but a few.
The Charitable Foundation
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Charitable Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed almost £60 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
We are proud of the recognition we receive for the high quality advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: '2017 Best Private Client Investment Manager' by readers of Wealth Adviser magazine; '2017 Best Wealth Manager' by readers of Shares Magazine; '2017/18 Personal Finance Awards - Best Financial Adviser’by readers of Money Pagesand voted the City of London '2017 Wealth Management Company of the Year'.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please click on the Apply button below.