Environmental Enforcement Officer
Are you from an enforcement background?
Are you looking to get back into regulatory work?
Do you possess a fair and equal attitude
So you have a passion to keep the community Safe and Tidy?
Then we want to hear from you!
Our Client, Carmarthenshire County Council has an exciting opportunity and requirement to recruit an Enviromental Enforcement Officer to join their Llanelli team.
Main Purpose of Role:
To support the Area Environmental Officers in the overall management of Street Services Division
according to the principles of continuous improvement and customer orientation.
To conduct investigations, surveillance and enforce environmental legislation in accordance with
The ideal candidate will come from a strong enforcement background and will have an eye for investigating and a thirst for solving cases and gathering evidence
Main duties of the role include:
- Patrolling the streets of Carmarthenshire looking for fly tippers and offenders
- Gather Evidence and Comply with PACE Guidelines
- Contacting offenders of littering etc and arranging and conducting interviews
- Filing all evidence ready for legal and
- issue fixed penalties for dog fouling and litter dropping etc
Essential Criteria would include, but not limited to;
- Knowledge and understanding of Environmental issues and local authority legislative powers
- Experience of dealing with complaints and liaising with organisations and people large and small
- Investigation experience
- Ability to undertake site investigations
- Report Writing
- Interviewing Skills
- Ability to drive and travel to all areas of Carmarthenshire
- Ability to work alone
- Possess a fair and confident manner
- Excellent communication skills and organisation skills
This opportunity is not one to be missed so if you feel you possess all of the relevant experience and the thirst to make a difference apply now - Or for further information please contact Maryanne Temblett on
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.