Import - Buying Admin
Providing full administration support to the Buying Team. Responsible for ensuring costing sheets are completed, range plans updated, working with the buyer to ensure licence product is fully approved by Licensor & company samples are orders and tracked in the correct time frame.
Established in the 1960's, my client has grown remarkably, expanding into new markets and recording a turnover of £50 million in 2016. Sourcing from the Far East, they are an importer of homeware and electrical goods, servicing a variety of reputable high street retailers in the UK.
Receive all quote requests from sales support.
- Issue quote requests along with relevant buyer to factories and chase answers.
- Update costing sheets and pass to buyers for sign off.
- Update company OCS document and pass to buyers for sign off.
- Manage sample process from red seal etc, arrange shipments, unpack samples received into the warehouse and log sample distribution.
- Manage product licence approval status.
- Obtain cutting guidelines / factory instruction manuals where necessary.
- Complete design brief for packaging when necessary.
- Update of NAV item card data when required.
- Update range plans where necessary / maintain range plans
- Showroom Management alongside relevant buyer.
- Work along buying teams in planning and developing trade show through design, sampling and Administrative duties and set up
Strong organisational skills and the ability to adapt to changes and tackle challenges efficiently and effectively.
- Good communication qualities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate commitment to exceeding expectations and goals.
- Excellent interdepartmental service skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Strong Excel knowledge.
- Very good organisation skills.
- Able to work in fast paced imports environment.
A competitive salary up to £20,000 alongside additional benefits.