An exciting opportunity to join an expanding company due to continued growth. Our client is looking for a number of Claims Advisors to join their rapidly growing team on the outskirts of Chester. The Claims Advisor will play a key part in managing and reducing rent guarantee claims through advice and liaison between Letting Agents and Tenants and to work with our clients’ legal partners to ensure legal obligations are met and claims are processed in a timely manner. As Claims Advisor, you will have exceptional telephone and customer service skills, a positive attitude, excellent attention to detail and will be used to working in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates looking to progress in their career.
The purpose of the RGCA role is to manage and reduce rent guarantee claims through advice and liaison between Letting Agents and Tenants and to work with our legal partners to ensure legal obligations are met and claims are processed in a timely manner
- Responsible for advising Letting Agents and Tenants on all queries relating to RG claims
- Ensuring every effort is made to collect unpaid rents where ever possible to avoid a claim being made
- Be responsible for drafting and serving Notices Seeking Possession
- Preparing cases for submission to solicitors for acting on
- To undertake detailed fact finds, paying great attention to detail and obtain evidence from clients to fully prepare the required file
- Ability to manage the administration and meet the deadlines of multiple cases concurrently
- Highlight immediate or on-going issues and suggest possible solutions
- Escalate calls promptly to the next appropriate person, when necessary.
- To focus on exceeding customer expectations, by building and maintaining a rapport over the telephone with Letting Agents & Tenants
- Using appropriate consideration and tact when dealing with Tenants when contacting them to collect outstanding rents whilst reducing timescales and costs associated
- Ability and confidence to liaise with solicitors and DAS
- Confidence in handling RG claims process, managing objections from tenants remembering at all times our objectives
- To maintain a high standard of productivity at all times.
- Remain pro-active in meeting quality procedures, contributing suggestions to improve efficiency and effectiveness and highlighting immediate or on-going issues.
- Attend necessary training courses (internal and external) to maintain a high calibre of telephone and database skills.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
- Have worked in a legal environment before
- Have exposure to knowledge of civil litigation, preferably but not necessarily L&T
- Proven ability to successfully deal with multiple queries, ideally within an insurance, rental agency or estate agency environment (consideration will be given for experience in other industries where similar skills are used and proven)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrable ability to work to challenging and stretching deadlines
- The ability to communicate easily and effectively with a variety of customers, actively listening and taking action
- Resilient and determined approach to work
- Rapport building, influencing and organisational skills
- The ability to handle objections negotiate a successful outcome for all parties concerned
- Excellent grammar, both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills (knowledge of all standard Microsoft programs required)
- Previous experience of diary management systems
- Educated to A level standard including Maths and English
- Have good attention to detail and accuracy in data capturing
- Experience in developing and improving processes and procedures to ensure a superior service is delivered to all customers.
- Highly motivated team player with the ability to work with a varied level of team members
- Highly motivated with a drive to promote the company, achieve and exceed SLA’s
- Good interpersonal skills, with good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to meet challenging deadlines
- Demonstrate empathy or sympathy when required whilst remaining firm