Digital & Social Media Advisor
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
General Position Definition
A digital and social champion focusing on the coordination of exceptional change that transforms social and digital to a powerful suite of communication channels, supporting business growth in a country or region.
Reports to Digital and Social Media Regional Lead (DSRL).
Maximise capabilities of the target platform(s) for all social media and digital campaigns, ensuring we deliver personalised digital experiences on the right device, with the right content, at the right time.
- Be the digital and social media champion for local business and in-country marketing and communications teams on digital and social activities across the Shell group.
- Proactively support, advise and coach business stakeholders to get the best out of Shell’s digital landscape.
- Coordinate activities between business customers and the digital delivery team.
- Coordinate marketing and communications activity across businesses, in line with Brand, Digital, and Social Media strategies and governance.
- Lead regional and in-market digital and social measurement activities, tying digital marketing activity to business value.
- Manage the process of content ideation, wireframing, development, collation and publication of content to web, mobile apps, social media and direct marketing channels.
- Ensure consistent and best-in-class marketing execution across multiple channels (social media, digital, direct, paid). Provide clear consulting and advice to stakeholders to achieve this.
- Facilitate the editorial process at a country level for digital channels. Proactively drive editorial to be in line with the digital strategy and content plan(s).
- Collaborate with the UX team and agencies to produce site content and designs which will delight and add value to our audiences.
- Capture all requirements, assets, and content from business stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of marketing activities.
- Assist business stakeholders with producing agency briefs, to ensure third party work is in line with expected standards.
- Review digital content from the digital delivery team before content goes live.
- Responsible for providing stakeholders with cross-channel measurement and segmentation. Proactively interpreting data and advising insights on how to optimise activities.
- Support the business with personalisation and targeting activities.
- Identify opportunities for cross-business coordination on campaign activities.
- Maintain a digital maturity model for the focus market, to ensure it is up to date, accurate and the appropriate focus.
- Understand business demand for new capabilities, and feeding these into the development teams.
Digital and social metrics portfolio:
- Global website visitors: 70-80mill per year
- Global number of markets/business (digital): 189
- Global number of websites: 150+
- Global number of ticket requests (digital): c11,000 (in 2016)
- Global reach on web and social: 3 billion per year
NOTE: all numbers are approximate and estimated to increase year on year
Stakeholder/ network portfolio:
- This role focuses on the shell global site and global social media activations.
- Support all lines of business and functions within Shell at country level:
- External Relations, Brand, Retail, Lubricants, Global Commercial, New Energies, Upstream
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
Experience and Qualifications:
- Education level: Degree educated or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Digital communications expert, with experience of managing websites, social media, and direct marketing campaigns.
- Good knowledge of content management systems, including Adobe Experience Manager and Sprinklr.
- Good understanding and experience with Adobe Analytics, and be able to create and interpret reports and dashboards.
- Good understanding and experience of SEO.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of direct email marketing and push messaging solutions and campaigns.
- Bringing businesses stakeholders together at the country level.
- Identifying in-market opportunities for digital and social media activations, and working with stakeholders to bring these to life.
- Balancing the role of governance with that of being a key enabler and business partner.
- Balancing the needs and requirements of multiple business lines and stakeholders globally.
- Understanding business strategies, both global and local, as well as current and future demand for capabilities.
- Ensuring that we maintain an appropriate and consistent tone of voice whilst simultaneously enabling campaigns dedicated at a wide range of audiences.
Apply via the 'Apply' button.
Agency calls are not appreciated.