Teacher of Technology - September start
Teacher Of Technology - Chorley
An Ofsted rated 'Good' secondary school in Chorley are looking for an experienced Technology Teacher to join their Technology department in September 2018.
- To deliver, mark and assess one or more of the following subject areas at KS3 and KS4: Textiles, Electronics, Engineering, Food Technology, Graphics, Product Design or Resistant Materials.
- To carry out pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures.
- To Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
The successful applicant:
For this position you will need to be an experienced Technology Teacher with excellent classroom and behaviour management. You will also be able to plan, prepare and deliver stimulating and focused lessons that keep pupils engaged. You will be teaching KS3 and KS4 pupils so you will need to have experience of preparing pupils for GCSE examinations.
The school want to create opportunities within and beyond the curriculum that will enable all students to develop into the best they can by become confident, independent and successful adults. The school have high expectations of academic success and personal behaviour and believe that these are best achieved in a caring environment where pupils are able to be creative with their learning.
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £100-£165 per day
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks, References and Enhanced DBS
If you are interested in applying and would like to hear more, then please contact Laura Porter on
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'