Employee Communications Advisor
Employee Communications Advisor - 12 month Contract
London, EC3M 3BD
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
To support the Senior Employee Communications Manager to facilitate the creation of an environment which fosters employee engagement.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with stakeholders to implement internal communications plans which support the delivery of the core business objectives
- Work closely with the EC Manager to develop and support the implementation of the IC strategy and plans for QBE EO
- Manage the news publication process and Friday round-up email
- Manage broadcast communications channels, including intranet content to maintain consistent message and their delivery
- Manage the communications and various inboxes
- Provide effective consultancy to the business on how to effectively communicate internally
- Work with the wider communications team, especially PR, and wider organisation to ensure coherence between internal and external messages
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders to understand business objectives and requirements and assist in the timely delivery of communication related solutions
- Manage internal communications channels to ensure they are effective in delivery of message, relevance to the business and adoption of message
- Edit and write stories for a variety of channels.
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong copywriting and editing experience
- Drivers of organisational change
- Large corporate environments, complex in structure
- Clear vision of the relationship between plan implementation and desired cultural environment
- Excellent communications skills and diplomacy, written and verbal
- Influencing abilities
- Business focused - ability to manage resources, deadlines and budgets across all communications channels, whilst achieving the best result
- Strong reasoning capabilities - creative and lateral thinking, combined with good problem solving skills
- Strong inter-personal skills to build relationships across all levels of the organisation and with external agencies
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to build informal network
- Strategic thinker
- Results orientated
- Adaptability (to changing priorities and timescales)
- Teamwork (ability to collaborate effectively)
- Resilient and tenacious
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and deliver hands-on help as part of the team
The role offers a professional, vibrant and social workplace operating in a dynamic and fast paced sector. For an ambitious, self-motivated team player this is an excellent opportunity to work with likeminded individuals in making a real difference to a global organisation.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
Please click the 'Apply’ button to be taken to the job on our system.